Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Mothers Day Gifts

I always have a really hard time getting Mother's Day gifts so this year I decided to make them. (I realize Mother's Day is over now, I'm just a little slow posting)
I saw these paper roses on several blogs and I really wanted to try them.

Then I saw them on a couple of picture frames and knew that's what I wanted to do for Mother's Day gifts. Deciding on colors for my mom's frame and card was easy. She loves purple and I had this great patterned paper. This is the completed gift set.

Colors for my MIL was a little more difficult and having my son ask her, didn't yield much help so I finally decided on blue and yellow which I think go well together.
If you're interested in making these flowers the instructions are here. The first one takes a little time, but once you get the hang of it, they are really fun to make and perfect for keeping your hands busy while watching TV.
Just add a picture of the two cutest grandsons on the planet and you have the perfect Mother's Day gift.


This last one is just a card I made for my husbands grandma. I must say I think I like this color combo the best. I got the idea for the layout on the card from this blog post.I'd be happy to show you how to do these in person or if you have someone special you'd like to give a frame like this to, but don't have the time to do it yourself, I'd be happy to make one for you for the cost of supplies.

This blog post has some helpful tips on making the roses and here is another blog that used the paper roses on a beautiful card.

1 comment:

  1. Classy creations! I'm glad I could see and touch an actual one at the Memorial Day BBQ. Perfectly made! Thanks for letting me do "show and tell" with my cards.

    ReplyDelete