Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Technique:Bargello

I came across this technique a few weeks ago called Bargello. I guess it's a sewing or quilting technique. Anyway, you take striped paper, cut it into strips of varying lengths and then glue them down, varying the placement. You can watch the video I watched here on this blog.

This is actually my second attempt. The layout was for a sketch challenge, but I forgot to post it.
This is my third attempt. I like the bargello on this the best, but I don't like the layout, but it was quick.
This is my first attempt, I like the wavy pattern I was beginning (from the left), but I should have kept it going. I used my Color Coach to determine colors for the card above and below and I have to say, I don't like either color combo.
But the technique is fun and I'll probably be trying it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment