Pages

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas Ornament

This is my favorite ornament and I seem to make a few every year. I always intend to make some for my family and never get around to it. Maybe next year. I'm sorry the picture is sideways. I am in Arizona and don't have a way to edit it. Just tilt your head. BTW you can always click on a picture and make it bigger to see more detail.

These are the instructions:
1. You need an acrylic ornament base. These I bought at sparklensprinkle.com. They are 2.5 inches with a hole pre-cut at the top.
2. Stamp an image on the back with Staz-On ink. Do not stamp any words! Let it dry.
3. Color the image in with Galaxy Markers by American Craft. Let dry.
4. Press the side you've been coloring on into Versamark ink and sprinkle with a light colored embossing powder and heat. Keep the heat gun moving so the acrylic doesn't buckle.
5. If you want words on the ornament, flip it over and stamp the words on the front with Staz-On ink.
6. Now, take red line tape (also called Terrifically Tacky Tape by Provo Craft) and tape up the edges of the ornament. Then take the backing off and press it all down, then roll the edges in ultra fine glitter.
7. Then, just thread a ribbon through the hole.

It might sound complicated, but it really isn't and they end up looking really cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment