Pages

Monday, June 7, 2010

On my mind at night


So this is my card for this Stamping 411 sketch challenge 154. I tried to get the picture of the sketch, but I couldn't. This is one of my favorite stamp sets and I've always wanted to try a scene with it so I decided this was my chance. So first I embossed the image with black embossing powder. Then I punched a circle for the moon. I really wanted to brayer the blues, but I didn't have full sized ink pads in the colors I wanted, so I had to sponge on the ink from my stampin' spots. I used 4 different blues. I'm not completely happy with it, but it's not bad for my first try. I'll definitely be trying this again for both night time, dusk/dawn and daytime scenes.

The cardstock colors were inspired by an outfit my littlest boy has. It's navy, a slightly lighter blue, and then has a dinosaur embroidered in orange. I generally hate the color orange, but I love his outfit and really wanted to try it on a card. I really like it. I might try it again.

All in all, this isn't my favorite card, but it has a new technique and a color combo way out of my comfort range, so I'm happy about that.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Jenn -- this card is absolutely gorgeous! Love the colors and the contrast! Really striking! Great job with th is week's sketch challenge! Thanks so much for playing along with the 411 Operators this week! Blessings, Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this night sky! The orange really works well for some pop! That punched border is really cool too. I can't believe you're not completely happy with this card...it's beautiful! Sometimes I think I'm not crazy about a card, then when I see it the next day I like it more & more...hopefully that will happen with this card for you :)

    ReplyDelete